Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Poems - Seven Divine Virtues - Virtus (Chastity)

I've slowly learnt
Day by day
To guard my heart
And not throw love away

It takes some time
For love to grow
One cannot feel it in one day
But time will tell
And play its part
Perfect this 'Art' for gentle souls
For soon love will show

You may be meek
Avert your eyes
When lust comes to your door
For many a lover, friend or foe
Shall tarry and dare to knock
And far more, to test the lock


Smiling eyes,
A warm caress
Is sure to prove a test
Yet Beware,
Keep watch
For they too have perfected an 'Art'
To seduce and never
,
Have your interests

At heart

If I devote a little time
To tend my soul
Aim Divine
Delay small pleasures
And guard my heart
I might grow to understand
The nature of this 'Art'

To love is no sweet words
Delivered on tender lips
Nor is it a burning fire
Felt only in the hips!

A Secret may reveal to me
To love is not for lovers alone
But many a love
Platonic and shared
Shall be denied by a kiss
Between companions

For more easily to show
Sweet loves true nature
Is actions spurred from the heart
There shall be
Where I perfect this 'Art'

In time these virtues
Shall be admired
And love the sweeter
Shall be
Shared between friends
And lovers
Such as you and me.

By Hilary Wheaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.