Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Love Poems - Lullaby

Sleep, with its warm embrace
Is oh so sweeter beside you
When the bed lays open, inviting
You lay nestled in a sea of blankets

Silky smoothe skin, downy hairs
To run my fingerstips over
And pull you close
Two naked bodies locked in embrace

To let sleep take us,
No greater intimacy
Then to see you slumber naked
Here next to me

Unconcious, a mind in dream
So vulnerable
Your face calm, relaxed
Like a child to me you seem

You used to snore
Melodic thunderous notes
They were but a lullaby
As I gently slumbered, perchance to dream

But no greater joy in sleep
Is to be had, then sweet words
Softly spoken
"I love you", in gentle slumber

Lay we here to dream no more
No lullaby to sleep meets me
Twas just a promise, broken
To sleep is bitter, like the salt of the sea.

By Hilary Wheaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.