Saturday, April 22, 2006

Poems - Seven Deadly Sins - Superbia

To careless banter
I detest
For other souls may spend their time
In trivial thoughts
While I recline in sombre thought
And put my mind to the test

My love, she is fair
With gentle soul, and a delicate air
But her youth, her mind
Still short in years
For til she grows
I shall not share her with my peers

My opinion wins the match
No humble discourse to partake
I stand strong
Not argue for the weak
Nor etiquette in philosophical argument
I shall entail
To give your thoughts
The benefit

My mind be blind to your emotion
Though sway my heart
If you must entreat
But "Cogito, ergo sum"
Is my reply
My heart is naught
My mind is all

Youth, charms, gaity
They fail to sway me
To none have I ever been
SEDUCED!
You look at one who shall
Not humble

Though once
I may have cared to imitate
Ill fated Achilles
A 'heel' was I to admit
One heart had weakened
My mind a little
In DEBT, tis owned!

But cast aside
Prevailed in logic
She circles not amongst my kin
But oh tis hubris
Fatal
My mind, this Heart
May yet to fall.

By Hilary Wheaton

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muah. That's an awesome poem. Very true to life and clever with the words. Go you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.