Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Love Poems - Guilt In Limbo

In an awful limbo I lie
Caught in this predicament
Pit and Pendulum I espy
Oh woe is me
For between them is I

Only fools rush in
Where angels fear to tread
My eyes were caught by your fire
Plunged my hands deep in the flame
Only now I feel the pain

Tortured in every moment
Your flame a candle
Lights the darkness
But why?
To see between a Pit and Pendulum
Is where I lie

I hold out my hands
To one
In hopes they may be grasped
But smack them hard
And make me cry

In my fire
You placed your hands
Eager to take
But smothered
The fire shall fade

Cut the cord
To set me free
You hold me close
No where else can I be
But stay

Bitter anguish
Guilt accompany
Between Pit and Pendulum
Here I be
Such irony

Pointless
Predicament
Pained
And player be

But Poe
You make a fool of me
Whose choice is Sin
On either
Him or Me

By Hilary Wheaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.