Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Love Poems - Picture Frame

Some days
I sit
And feel the shame
Of looking at your
Empty frame

Once it held
You
Wrapped in gold
A smile, a soul
Who I once knew
And treasured to hold

A love
On show
To see your face
Comfort
Gazing back at me

But now
These days
I draw a blank
To sit and stare
And reminisce

But in my mind
Alas
Still I see
That picture there
Of you and me

I wish I could smile
I really do
But all I can think
Is of the distance
Between me and you

A tint of love
A stab of regret
That we
May have never
Met

But Anger all
Enframed for me
Because that picture
Cannot still be
Inside that frame
That once held
You and Me.

By Hilary Wheaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.