Monday, May 08, 2006

Poems - Seven Divine Virtues - Patientia (Patience)

Patience
Is a virtue
They say
Yet I do no employ
It's tactic

I spend my time
In ill retreat
An idle errand
Til we meet
All things considered

It is required
For 'true' patience
To suspend
Ones desire
And here I fail

I cannot rest
Or truly work
Until my thoughts
Of you
I shirk

Time
Is ever slipping
Between us
Patience
Begins to fade

Mine eyes
Your heart
Is ever jaded
From the start
In current endeavour

For I doubt
Conviction
Failed to check
And to forget
So patience
Plays its part

It is the
'Truest' virtue
To be content
In limbo
Waiting for thou heart

But Patience
I will offend
If these hours and days
Match in time
Those we shared that came to end

For patience
Implies
By definition
That one shall be
Rewarded

To me
Time flies
Like an arrow
From the bow you hold
'Tis you that sets the mark

Patience
Caught in limbo
Here I wait
No virtue to employ
But tortured

By Hilary Wheaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.