Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Poems - Seven Divine Virtues - Frenum (Abstinence) (I)

A body to go hungry
A body to be denied
Each night still lasts the longest
For those that fail to satisfy

I bestow, award
Some value
To that which
I deny
But to indulge
Just steals
That for which
I try

Pure,
Untouched virgin
This body is a gift
Received, delivered
Sealed and stamped
With your kiss

A seal that shall be broken
By you
By one, alone
Receiving all as token
That in return
It's you I wish to own

Two bodies denied
Sweeter, valued
When at last they are
Devoured

For each share
'Break bread'
And wittness that first
Experience
In another
That is sacred

Abstinence
Thou art, a truly indulgent gift
For in your virtue alone
Lies the power
To make bread
Glorious to devour

And shared with those I love
The gratest gift instead.

By Hilary Wheaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.