Thursday, May 25, 2006

Love Poems - Hell

Like an acid poison
This sweet smelling wine
Slips down my throat
Taints these lips divine

Clasping at my breast
Strangled with each breath
You flood me with emotion
Hatred, detest
And yet a hungry desire
Burns like a raging fire
Pierces my eyes
With images of you

At night I might wake
Shrieking, Screaming
With fear, lust and hate
That you haunt my dreams
And I shall find you
Hands entangled
In my hair

But I take some sick pleasure
Some grotesque indulgence
To balance love and hate
In the fantasies where we make
Sweet love a burning effigy

Anguish you shall remain
Weighed down in heavy chains
With your name branded on each lock
That holds me to this spot
Permanent as a rock

I'll struggle for eternity
Marked for all to see
This horrifying ballet of passions
In which act you and me

Rid my life of meaning
Wrench all from this soul
I wish to feel no longer
Desire to once be whole

But how do I break
The tie between love and hate
Free my mind to wonder
And sedate?

Maybe when the world lies burning
When naught it left to take
Humanity shall stand absent
Have fallen and lost the stake

Here, yes here my dear
Will be when ties are broken
No words then left unspoken
Will plague my mind and heart
But instead, at last
We shall be torn apart.

By Hilary Wheaton

1 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus.....

Thats so.... just wow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.