Monday, May 22, 2006

Love Poems - Email

A Square
Of paper
Fine Ink
Cursive Style
Enveloped
Sealed with a Kiss

Now
A square window
Reveals
Lines in print
Plain type
Mark my archive
Of correspondence

In ages past
I could of burned
These memories
Felt some release
As smoke delievered
Words, meaning
To non-existence

But now
A web of code
Shall keep them safe
Somewhere unknown
They accumulate
A testament
That once
Those words of 'Hi, Regards'
Instead read 'Dear, Love'

However,
None will ever capture
Never take from me
Those words still in my mind
Replaced
That printed, text
That one opens
Invisible forever

For you see
Technology cannot gain from me
What words unwritten
That could have been
Wished delievered
But ill recieved
So still
You are unable to see.

By Hilary Wheaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.