Friday, July 07, 2006

Poems - Elucidate

There is a space
A sea of time and memory
Between you and me
We may have reached utopia
This is our 'no place'

I've tried so hard
And played your tunes
Watched you in the dark
Yet I still cannot discern
What is hidden in your heart

Have you truly forgotten
The magic, the moment
The flutter of the heart
Or the joy of playing
The perfect role
To you I gave the 'mentor' part

I wonder
Is it of no comfort to see
So much of you, inside of me
To share, to love
To be
Each takes
All parts of me

Once, I held you in my arms
Heard confessions, gave you charms
You opened your soul
In private, in trust
But now, as cold as stone
I cannot truly say
I know you

Frustration, Array
I'm all at a loss
Never knew the price I had to pay
If only I could understand
The thoughts and feelings
That flow through your mind and heart
Each day, and never planned

Maybe I would be content
To hear you simply say;
"I still think of you
Each minute, each moment
Day by day."

By Hilary Wheaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.