Monday, July 17, 2006

Love Poems - ill

Behind the curtain
Behind the stars
Behind the screen
Behind the glitter
Under the snow

There we find things
Best left unseen
That others may know
But it would be best if they
Don't show

Even now,
So long ago, I regret
That I asked and pulled back
The curtain
Unmasked
Something ugly

Oh my heart bleeds
Every moment, every second
When I remember the sickness
A body laid waste
When I heard those words
You spoke

But I didn't have to search
No I dared not look
But every trail
Leads back to those three
You took

A lie you told
Maybe to prevent my pain
But when I look
Into those eyes
I wonder
Which man you really are?

And now
All promises are broken
You are more lost than saved
More wicked then depraved
For letting me suffer
A lost idol, a lost heart

I am sickened
To know so many have taken pleasure
In you
And that sweet intimacy
Is lost

And now heart and mind
Has followed body
Abandon post
Fail to respond
No words exchanged
Softly spoken

I want to hear
I want to speak
To whisper to you
While you are near
Hear promises longed to keep

But mind
Body
Heart
Lies with another
And I am sick
That snow hides mud
And behind the curtain
The mighty Wizard
Was only a man
Who failed to catch
My star
When it fell.


By Hilary Wheaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.