Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Love Poems - Poetry

You still inspire me to write poems,
Though the time has passed for romance and love.
Often I wish to pour, emotion, frustration,
Words longed to say,
Upon parchment
Ink flowing
But I just clench my fists and say
"No more"

For in those eyes,
You are a shell,
Of a man I once adored,
And I no longer wish to tell
The world
That love once lost
Should be abhorred.

But in private I might write
Lines to mark my heart
The mind still plays
With thoughts that you
May redeem one heart

But I know
A spark has faded
Has forever died
And I am all the more content
To fall in love
With sweet thoughts, eyes
And smile
Of the others that fulfill
All that lacked before

But I know they never will
Fix what I abhor.
By Hilary Wheaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.