Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Love Poems - A History of Flowers

Once a young man said to me,
Every girl loves Flowers,
And when I uttered
My love had not been tested
A dozen roses he sent to me.

This young man
His heart misplaced.
A dozen roses he sent with speed,
With thoughts to ease my heart
But I no longer had the strength he needed.

On a very special day for me,
Admired, my man, he came to see,
An open door, my beaming face
His arms, with flowers held
A dozen roses, glass hearts

Half a dozen months they passed with speed,
Spring roses he sent, soft colours
A promise of young love in blossom
Not lust these roses
But Love for me

A broken heart, alone I be
To a single rose was given
Some hope again, oh hope unknown
But a rose of lust
Is not of love

Sick soul confined
Piscean flowers to set me free he thought
Water flowers for the fish
To care, to love
No lust I see

This history of flowers
A tale to tell
Should they be given, should I love?
Oh every girl loves flowers
Yes even me

By Hilary Wheaton

3 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your flowers poem :) It's sort of strange that it reads like "real" poetry but I know the story behind it :)

I'm saying your talented, not being a bitch. But I'd never have the guts to publish/show people stuff I write, so I admire your guts :)

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger fluffylittlebunny said...

aww, you should! What's the worse that can happen.

Well, it's the internet, tonnes of annonymous people will read your work, and maybe later on in life, someone will find it again...and your name will be slandered...Whatever you write will be here forever! :P

Ok, so really, whats the worse that can happen?!

There's probably stories behind most poets work.
I like to think maybe Im like TSEliot, you know, because I dont rhyme?!

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, i'd have to say you're in his tradition. I loved him though, he's awesome!

Eh...my stuff's more er. fanfic-style. I'm trying to sort of make it more standalone-y...I'm half-writing something else but it doesn't really go far. Poetry and me have never really mixed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.