Monday, April 10, 2006

Love Poems - A Love Letter to Unknown

What is this thing called Love?
Will you answer me this?

Is it, a gentle caress, the softest touch, or a stern hand?
Is it, a loss of breath, intaken and stolen in a single moment....or the heavy breathing of desire?

Should I long for you in absence? Or if your love is true, would you be forever at my side?
Is love to comply, to offer yourself to me unquestioning
Or, to speak your mind knowing you will always be heard?

Should I tremble in your presence, at your touch, or should I feel familiar after so many embraces.

Is love a burning fire, or the warmth of its embers?
Could I feel secure in love, nay, take for granted a constant love...or value it more because ones love is always able to be denied?

If my love is true, and my heart rejoices, can tears be shed? Or shall I wear naught but smiles.

To love, should we feel pain, as well as pleasure?
If my love is true, I shall say sorry.
No, I shall not, for love is to never utter those words.

Are these crazy things we partake in, love?
Or it's absence

If you kiss my lips with hunger, and taste my flesh in fits of passion
do I feel lust, or love?

Love is free? So why is a ring a sign of true love and devotion?
A naked finger, its absence?

Does Love know no bounds....
Respect no limits?

Respect not I
For I know not, what Love is
Have I Loved?
For I feel none has Loved me.

By Hilary Wheaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.